Sunday, December 5, 2010

Florida critters

We've seen lots of birds and other critters - of course I only get a photo of about 1 in 20 sightings. In addition to lots of shore birds we've also seen dolphins, sting rays, and manatees.



We took a hike at dusk and saw about 5 armadillos right along the trail - even though the dogs were with us and very much would have liked to catch one! I didn't have my camera along but this armadillo visited our campsite later and obliged us with a picture. I would have gotten a better picture but every time I pointed the camera at the critter it came towards me and I backed up usually into something. OK it was DARK and I've never seen a wild armadillo before!




There are lizard-things everywhere (even in our teapot!)







































I couldn't resist! The biker wearing this dog had a shirt that said "forget the dog-beware of the owner" tee hee!










No comments:

Post a Comment