Monday, November 1, 2010

On the road again...

One of my favorite people in one of my favorite cities :-) We left the boat snug in Michigan, picked up our car in Wisconsin, then back on the road.





Another of my favorite cities - well worth a visit! Ask me about what you should see when you go.





Back in the land of Sycamore & Sweet Gum trees.





This is one of my favorite St Louis sites and one of my oldest childhood memories - The Meeting of the Waters. It's a riot of statues representing the Mississippi & Missouri confluence.




We came to Murphysboro, Illinois in search of BBQ and were not disappointed - the ribs were incredible! Owner Mike Mills has a book called Peace, Love, & BBQ...we knew we had to come.




Our first campsite - Murphysboro Lake State Park in Illinois. We had the place to ourselves Halloween night and listened to owls & coyotes call while we cooked smores.




BBQ at night - vegetarian for breakfast :-)



To work off some of the tasty eats we spent a gorgeous fall day hiking in Giant City State Park, another blast from the past for me.














Some of the flora here is super-sized....we also saw lilly pads the size of car tires.....





and these ginormous acorns.



In Memphis in search of BBQ - the pigs look so happy!
















No comments:

Post a Comment